Take a shot of sustainable mobility this summer by joining a series of four upcoming CIVITAS training sessions. Taking place this Summer (sessions in June, July and September), they will deal with burning, crosscutting urban mobility topics.
The CIVITAS e-courses and trainings have been developed by DTV Capacity Building as part of the CIVITAS ELEVATE Coordination and Support Action funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
Do not miss this opportunity to plant some inspirational sustainable mobility seeds and increase your knowledge and skillset for your work and projects. The courses are accessible to all – no matter your level of experience, your role, or your organization. Join to get up to speed on the four following themes:
- Evidencing active mobility projects through economics – 23 June
- Creating attractive cities – steering through parking management and access regulation schemes – 30 June
- Transition management – instruments to making the change – 7 July
- Citizen science – the miracle of traffic counting and citizen engagement – 2 September
The series’ concept
The training sessions are short, light and interactive. You have time to meet, engage and work together with peers from across Europe. In addition, every session is free! The only things required are enthusiasm and engagement. Below are key details of the sessions:
- Each session lasts 3.5 hours from 09:00 – 12:30 CEST.
- Plenty of breaks are included.
- Hear from inspirational expert speakers.
- Cases and success stories from cities across Europe
- Take part in group work and interaction.
Who should participate?
Do you recognise yourself in one or more of the following statements? If so, the training sessions are perfect for you:
- I am involved in urban mobility projects in my city.
- I am involved in a European-funded and/or CIVITAS projects.
- I have seen many mobility pilots and experiments, but I want to make these long-lasting,
- I am in touch with citizens, and they often provide me with ideas. Some are good, some less so. Despite this, I think their engagement is valuable for fostering sustainable urban mobility.
- Often decision-makers ask – “what is the benefit of active mobility projects and why should I invest”? I would like to be able to better argue my case.
- I think areas in my city could become more attractive and nicer places if there were less motor traffic.
Following each training session, you will understand the basic principles of the training topic and be aware of how these topics could be of benefit to your mobility project in your local context.
How to enrol
Registration is easy. The training topics are listed on the CIVITAS Learning Centre. What you will need to do:
Step 1: create a user account
- Go to https://civitas-learningcentre.talentlms.com/
- Go to the top right and click: “signup” to create a user account. Note that you are in charge of your account. If you would like to delete it after the training, then you can do so.
- Once you have completed the form click “create account”
- You will be requested to confirm your account by email. Check your inbox and spambox for an automatically generated email
- After confirmation you have created an account
Step 2: enrol in the trainings of your choice
- Visit https://civitas-learningcentre.talentlms.com/ and log in using your credentials
- Select the training(s) of your choice and click “get this course”
Step 3: get informed and prepared
- Once you have enrolled for the trainings, you are able to access the relevant log in information to the training session that we will organize in Zoom.
- Also other relevant information will be made available in the platform.